Wednesday, November 23, 2011

BREAKING NEWS

This just in:  The NYT List of 100 Notable Books for 2011 is  available online!  I haven't had a chance to really study it yet, but as expected, Swamplandia! by Karen Russell made the cut.  Several of the books on my TBR list are listed, including A Moment in the Sun by John Sayles, Stone Arabia by Dana Spiotta, The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes, and This Beautiful Life by Helen Schulman.  Looks like I'll be reading a lot of good books in the weeks and months to come!

I also think I will add some of the listed books to my TBR list after reading their reviews again.  I am interested in 11/22/63 by Stephen King after seeing it made the list.  I haven't read a Stephen King book in years, and sort of thought I was over him.  Maybe this one will renew my interest.  Another one that I will add is London Train by Tessa Hadley.  And finally, I will add Moby Duck by Donovan Hohn.  Moby Duck is the story of a person who is studying how garbage floats through the ocean by following a shipment of rubber ducks that actually fell overboard in 1992.

Can't wait to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...