Saturday, April 16, 2011

Score!

It's opening day of the spring used book sale season!  Today I went to a smaller sale, where books were just one of many departments, but I managed to make a few good finds.

The next book that I plan to read is Absurdistan by Gary Shteyngart, so I was happy to find his earlier book, The Russian Debutante's Handbook.  If I hate Absurdistan, I'll wind up donating TRDH to another sale, but that's a risk that I'm willing to take.

I also got Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum, which I am expecting to be similar to Sarah's KeyAmazon has been recommending this one to me for months.




Then, as a random pick, I got The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho.  This is one that I judged by its cover, and will keep in my nightstand until I decide to give it a try.




Finally, I grabbed a copy of Tales of a Female Nomad by Rita Golden Gelman, which is a book that I really liked, and have bought for other people as gifts, but have never owned myself.

Next month, there is a big sale at my library, but as usual, my nightstand is overflowing.  My guess is that there will be lots of books on the floor underneath it by the end of May.

Still Reading:  Occupied City by David Peace

Still Listening to:  Run by Ann Patchett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...