Saturday, November 13, 2010

Score!

My local library has a used book sale about every 6 months, and it is always crammed with so many books, that it is not possible to see them all.  Today I picked up 10 new-to-me books, along with 5 books and 1 DVD for my daughter, and a book for my son, all for $20.00!  I may go back tomorrow for 1/2 off day, or on Monday for "bag day", because I know that even though I spent more than an hour there, I missed lots of other goodies!

The two books that I got that I am most excited about are

Netherland by Joseph O'Neil





and

Absrudistan by Gary Shteyngart







I also picked up A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole, which has been on my TBR list since January, Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi, A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick, and So Long at the Fair by Christina Schwartz.  When I got home, I was disappointed to see that So Long at the Fair is in large print, both because I think I'll find the large print distracting and hard to read, and because someone else who needs large print might have really liked to have found this copy.  Oh well.

As you know, I also like to buy copies of books that I have read before, but which I don't own, and I picked up a couple of those too - Tales of Passion, Tales of Woe by Sandra Gulland, and The History of Love by Nicole Krauss.  I have actually bought The History of Love a few times to give to people, as it is one of my all time favorites, but I didn't have a copy of my own. 

This is the last used book sale of the season for me, but The Eclectic Book Group (yes, I have gone to initial caps in recognition that this label has become a proper name) will likely do a used book exchange in December, so I may still pick up a couple more new-to-me titles this year.

Gotta go read.  My nightstand is so full that there were books on the floor underneath it even before this sale.  There are worse things that I could collect, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...