Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Book Group Report - 4

Last night, 6 members of my eclectic book group met to discuss Freedom by Jonathan Franzen.  Of those 6, 3 had read the whole book, 2 had not even started it, and I had read 3/4 of it.  Because so few people had finished the book, the conversation was a little coded, with those in the know hinting about what was to come. 

What I was able to gather about the ending is that (1) something unexpected happens; (2) it is a happy ending; and (3) the happy ending may or may not be the wife and mother's fictionalization of their "real" lives.  That's enough to make me want to keep reading.

Due to the timing of Thanksgiving, we won't meet in November, but will meet to discuss The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson in early December.  That gives me lots of time to get through some books on my TBR list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...